We know how challenging it can be to find the right residence for a loved one who needs memory care. We’ve created a safe, positive, residential environment with the best in memory care services. Our associates don’t just provide all the assistance residents need, they’re trained to bring joy and a sense of family to each and every moment by staying focused on what residents can do, never what they cannot. If you have any questions regarding memory care, give us a call. We pride ourselves on providing the information and answers families need to make the right decision.
We Do Memory Care Differently
Throughout its nearly 30 year history, Watermark has sought ways, large and small, to enhance the well-being of our residents and associates. Success is mostly measured in the strong and durable relationships between residents and associates that bring with them trust, comfort and more than a bit of warm fun.
Particularly in our Memory Care communities, growing and sustaining these vital interpersonal relationships are built into the programming. The journeys that residents and associates share are founded on daily rhythms that are not bound by a daily regimen of mostly healthcare-related tasks but by sharing together all that each day brings. Cooking meals together, putting together a scrapbook, filling the bird feeders on the patio, harvesting tomatoes in the garden, listening together to the special music that is the soundtrack of the resident’s life.
Each of our Memory Care associates undergoes training to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We call these universal caregivers Nayas. The word Naya, which centers on the concept of being engaged in the present moment, comes from the ancient language of Classical Sanskrit. A guide, person of wisdom, conductor and leader – these terms truly define our caregivers, and reminds community members to connect with each other and be mindfully engaged in each moment. In doing so, we cultivate a sense of well-being, community and creativity. From this thoughtful foundation, both residents and associates thrive.
Our resident-centered approach provides a joyful, dignified life for each person entrusted to our care and peace of mind for their families. We use this Memory Care Vision Guide and video at the bottom of the page as an initial part of our orientation for Nayas. It articulates our larger vision and invites Nayas to explore this new model for Memory Care.
Memory Care at The Gardens
- Private studio apartments
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Complete apartment maintenance
- All utilities except cable TV, internet and local phone service
- 24-hour staffing with specially trained memory care experts with certification through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP)
- Three nutritious, well-balanced family style meals where families and friends are welcome
- Healthy and delicious snacks available at all times
- Access to Gourmet Bites, our signature program that’s restoring the joy of dining for individuals living with physical, neuromuscular and cognitive changes
- Personal pantry program for each residents’ favorite foods
- Dynamic calendar of classes, activities and outings including Watermark University classes designed for residents with memory care needs
- Structured and spontaneous activities specifically tailored to each resident
- Extraordinary outings that you would never expect in a memory care community
- Homelike environment with resident photographs, keepsakes and family histories
- Family communications center
- Ongoing communication with primary care physician, other healthcare professionals and family members
- Move-in coordination
- View more services and amenities
NURTURING ENVIRONMENT – DAYS FILLED WITH THE THINGS YOU LOOK FORWARD TO AND ENJOY
We create “like home” memory care neighborhoods that are comfortable and familiar. Our residents are surrounded by wonderful aromas from delicious meals, music, laughter, family members, fresh flowers, natural light, children, pets, the changing of the seasons and reminders of things to look forward to today, tomorrow and beyond. We fill the days with favorite pastimes and make sure to create plenty of meaningful moments.